Tuesday 3 April 2012

Rabid Dog

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks because, to be brutally honest, I have been a bit pissed off.
I started this ridiculous challenge to get fit, healthy and to achieve something I could be truly proud of. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but my determination and sparkly* personality would shine through and I would strut muddily over the finish line with abs of steel, thrusting my well-deserved beer skyward. I was ready for it. I put in the first gruelling weeks - I was getting there, I had the bug.

Unfortunately, I was then hit with knee-gate, hip-gate and now gastroenteritis, erm, gate. Since deciding on running Tough Mudder I haven't had such a terrible run of injury/illness. Yesterday, I felt as sick as a rabid dog (and probably looked worse - I was sick in my hair). I had to change my physio appointment to next week for fear of unleashing the sickness bug to a waiting room full of people and am now holed up in bed waiting for it to pass.

Seriously, I don't ask for a lot. I just want to run without damaging my knee or putting my hip out. Apparently, this won't be possible for a little while though and it's all down to the amount of progesterone my body is producing post-baby. This makes everything 'looser' (crikey, Dr Lucy, tactful), meaning it's much easier to injure yourself and your recovery time doubles. This is not ideal. I am very aware that I have only notched up 12 miles to date and am going to have to seriously motor if I'm going to even complete the course.

My hip is actually feeling much better, so tomorrow morning (tummy troubles aside) I'm going to attempt a steady couple of kilometres. I know I'm just one good run away from getting my mojo back.

Wish me luck.

Sam x





*I can be sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment