Sunday 1 July 2012

13 Weeks to Berlin

I can't believe how quickly this year is passing by and how much I need to step up my game if I'm even going to finish in Berlin. 


Today, I had a terrible run - one of those runs where you question why you're even attempting such a ridiculous challenge. 26 miles is a bloody long way - I was gone at two miles today - totally lethargic all the way and completely empty by the end.


I need to work on my mental strength - even my head was telling me to stop today, when usually I want to just keep going. I felt great when I was on Lean Body Challenge - obviously because I was putting the right fuel into my body, so it was working as it should. Too much wine this weekend has really taken its toll - so I'll be booze free for the coming weeks - just until I can sort my head out.


I seem to have passed 50 miles on my counter without blogging about it - next milestone is 100 but I have a way to go yet... I'll pass 100km this week; even though I'm beating myself up about my performance today, never in my life did I think I'd be able to run 100km - or even have the inclination to. So I guess that's something I can be proud of.


Anyway, I hate blogging when I'm feeling negative - I just wanted to start out July as I mean to go on - regular posts, unlike June! Fingers crossed Tuesday's run will be a turning point...


Sam x

1 comment:

  1. even 2 miles id better than 'no miles missy' here. your motivation astounds me - i'd really love it if you'd bottle just a little bit for me. x

    ReplyDelete